Exciting opportunities have arisen in our fast paced and dynamic business. Have a look at our current vacancies for more information:
This position is responsible, under the direction of the Regional Sales Manager, for the implementation and coordination of all sales and marketing activities/strategies on behalf of The Company in the region. This will include achieving sales targets, Point of Sale recruitment, sign up and marketing of all products.
- Facilitating and driving sales against challenging targets
- Point of Sale recruitment and sign up – including SACCOs and other entrepreneurs
- Organise marketing demos for all POS representatives and potential customers
- Recruitment of promoters for all products including renewable energy products
- Marketing of solar lighting systems and energy efficient cookstoves through the signed-up POS
- Ensuring POS representatives are trained in the installation and operation of the products
- Coordinate delivery as a distribution compny
- Maintaining good relations within the company in other regions and with other external stakeholders
- Proven experience as a sales Representative or relevant role
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Thorough understanding of marketing and negotiating techniques
- Fast learning and passion for sales
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Aptitude in delivering attractive presentations
- Degree or Diploma in Sales and Marketing or its equivalent
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for the identification, sourcing, procurement and delivery of the optimal product range that will deliver maximum quality and attractiveness of products at the most cost effective price point to help ensure our future position as a leader in the delivery of positive impact products to Base of Pyramid families and communities across East Africa.
You will hold commercial responsibility for the profitability of the product line and be charged with a product line contribution for the business unit – ensuring the profitability of products as well as developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and from feedback from customers and channel partners. You must possess a unique blend of commercial and technical understanding; a big-picture vision to identify market opportunities and the attention to detail and drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems and demands, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with Sales teams to define product release requirements and with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the sales channel and key customer communities.
- Determines customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research and customer feedback programmes supported by on-going visits to customers and channel partners.
- Driving a solution set across through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product – sourcing and distribution.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a product management or senior management, business strategy, data analysis, marketing and market research role
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills and be fluent in English
- Be a self-starter, with very strong organisational and interpersonal skills, self-belief, attention to detail, and ability to work under pressure whilst handling multiple work streams.
- Enjoy working within a small team but with absolute responsibility for your deliverables, and be able to achieve a lot within limited budgets, and timeframes
- Have experience of promoting household solar, safe water, clean cooking or other life enhancing products to base of pyramid communities
- Have experience working with companies that have offices in Africa and the UK/US
How to Apply