The Kenya Union of Savings & Credit Cooperatives (KUSCCO Limited) has today entered into a partnership with Pamoja Life, a social enterprise incorporated in Kenya, that will enable the two institutions to provide innovative renewable energy products to Kenyan SACCO members.
The Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed by the two institutions will see the formation of a jointly managed Household Green Energy Fund that will enable SACCO members acquire quality solar and cookstove products exclusively from Pamoja Life.
Pamoja Life, a market leader in clean energy products will make finance available for the fund which will be jointly managed by KUSCCO, a trusted world class operator and the ‘voice of SACCOS’ under the scheme, known as the KUSCCO – Pamoja Life Green Household Energy Fund.
George Ototo, KUSCCO Managing Director expressed his optimism on the project being highly beneficial to SACCO members.
“We are happy to partner with Pamoja Life to make available to our SACCOs, not only household energy solutions, but also the finance to acquire them. KUSCCO has built, over the decades, infrastructure necessary to ensure SACCOs and their members’ access quality services at affordable cost. This partnership will leverage on, and be hinged upon, this infrastructure,” he said.
Additionally, Edward Hanrahan, Chairman of Pamoja Life termed the partnership with KUSCCO as life-changing as it will see SACCO members able to access affordable household energy products.
“Pamoja Life is focused on improving lives through clean cooking and household solar lighting – and we hope that this will be the part of a long relationship with KUSCCO, the SACCOs and the members themselves,” he said.
The partnership will see KUSCCO and Pamoja Life deliver;
· High quality products – To provide a range of high quality products to suit all budgets
· Quality assurance standards – all our products meet global quality assurance standards
· Product warranties – all our products have a warranty of 1 to 2 years
· Fair finance packages – Tailor made packages to make products affordable
· Loyalty programme – Our customers are rewarded through various programmes
· Marketing & local support – To offer collateral marketing tools, training and live demos
KUSCCO and Pamoja Life customers can:
· Save money – up to 50% on charcoal
· Be safe – reduced risks of burns and fire
· Breathe easy – reduced fumes from lighting and cooking
· Around the clock light and energy – for work, study and play
· Expect replacement/servicing of all faulty or broken products under warranty.
KUSCCO and Pamoja Life are excited to take this partnership forward, building on the successful foundations laid by KUSCCO and Winrock’s Jiko Safi programme, financed and supported by USAID. This is an exciting new chapter for Kenyan SACCO members who will now have unprecedented access to clean energy products and fair financing solutions.